Lab Technician - Analytical Research Technologist
You are passionate about research and development, your ambition is to work at a lab and you dream of working at an international chemical company. Are you ready to take your place as R&D Technologist at Dow Benelux in Terneuzen?
In the role of Analytical Research Technologist (contractor) in the Inorganic Materials Characterization group you will provide technical support in the preparation, execution and reporting of experimental analytical activities. You will work on studies in collaboration with research and technical development groups in Europe, USA and Asia. The primary focus of the job will be on problem solving (including method development) by applying a range of advanced analytical technologies.
What are your responsibilities?
Responsible for managing elemental analysis techniques. This includes safely executing analytical experiments, instrument maintenance, troubleshooting, new method application, and corresponding timely and high-quality reporting.
- Delivering, in close collaboration with other researchers, high-end analytical expertise to support various manufacturing and research projects.
- The role has a strong "hands-on" component. The applicant will need to be capable of working on multiple projects in parallel. Teamwork with research colleagues is an important part of the job.
- Develop experimental plans and perform standard and non-routine tasks to support a wide range of innovative activities for various businesses.
- Collaboration with local and global researchers.
What are we looking for?
- You have a Bachelor of Applied Sciences (HLO) - Analytical Chemistry or Chemistry with a strong background in analytical characterization techniques.
- Affinity with elemental analysis techniques such as ICP, AAS, ion chromatography, XRF and XRD.
- You are fluent in English and willing to learn Dutch.
- You have a self-driven personality and excellent interpersonal skills.
- You are a team player and you should be able to work safely in a self-directed team environment.
- You are capable of managing multiple projects in parallel.
What do we offer you?
- An exciting long-term full-time job.
- Working hours in the day shifts.
- A market-conform salary based on your experience.
- An online platform (Good HabitZ) where you can improve your skills by following official e-learnings.
- Group health insurance with a 10% discount on basic pension and 15% discount on plus pension.
- Travel expenses and tunnel costs (when necessary) reimbursement.
- For this position Dow can offer you a contract any time.
Do you have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as problem solving skills? Then apply for the job by clicking the red button, or email your resume and motivation letter in English to email@example.com!
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.