Raw Material Planner
For the Supply & Materials Planning department at Sabic we’re looking for a Raw Material Planner. Supply & Materials Planning is part of Supply Chain Management for Specialties Europe. The team controls the stock levels of raw materials, initiates raw material replenishments, communicates with third parties for subcontracting activities, maintains the material master for our division in Europe and coordinates product life cycle related tasks. The Raw Material Planner will report to the Manager, Supply & Materials Planning. He/she will interact with Master Planning, Manufacturing, Procurement, Logistics and Technology to optimize costs, inventory and service.
- Execute "planning run" - Monitor Inventory Levels & compare to Inventory/Order demand
- Determine quantity and delivery date of material needed and create purchase requisitions to be handed off to Procurement
- Manage inventory levels to targets (include aged & obsolete). Initiate actions when needed.
- Responsible for executing the overall planning strategy set by Manager, Supply & Materials Planning, meeting inventory targets, and adhering to current planning parameters
- Monitor and Solve daily planning and inventory issues to ensure uninterrupted supply to manufacturing and service with respect to the customer promise date
- Communicate planning requirements to the involved parties
- Responsible for correctness of Master Data & Transactional Data
- Plan and monitor material movement between manufacturing sites
- Develop and coordinate Raw Material Plan to support scheduled Internal Outages
- Incorporate Vendor Outages into Raw Material Plan to maintain material availability
- Create and implement standard operating procedures related to this role
- Continuously initiate actions to improve processes
- Represent Supply Chain in cross-functional teams and/or meetings with Manufacturing, Procurement, EHS, etc
- Back-up of raw material colleagues (other materials/sites)
- Key metrics include: DIOH – Days Inventory On Hand, Stock Situation, Aged Inventory, Surety of Supply & Uninterrupted Purchase Requisitions
- Bachelor level degree in Business, Logistics, Engineering or comparable.
- Minimum 3-5 years Supply chain, manufacturing or procurement experience.
- Experience and systems knowledge/affinity are highly valued.
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Fluency in English
- Strong operational skills within the overall planning processes
- Sound knowledge of processes within base chemical and compounding plants
- Clear understanding of the interactions and interdependencies with other functions/departments
- Proven ability to effectively interact and communicate across organization
- Strong influencing skills, with the ability to operate effectively within a matrix environment gaining commitment at all organizational levels.
- Ability to influence people without the need of a direct reporting line.
- Strong analytical skills and able to think on a tactical level. Able to distinguish in priorities.
- Work independently in a rapid changing environment, taking responsibility for delivery of business expectations.
If you see yourself excelling in this capacity and recognize yourself in the accompanying profile, please send us your application and motivational letter.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.