Dow Benelux B.V.
You are passionate about research and development, your ambition is to work at a lab and you dream of working at an international chemical company. Are you ready to take your place as Laboratory Technologist at Dow Benelux in Terneuzen?
The Chemical Science group of Core R&D is responsible for developing new and improved catalysts for novel and existing chemical processes. The person filling this position will work in a cross functional, multidisciplinary self-directed team of engineers, chemists, and technologists and will be responsible for performing a wide variety of laboratory activities associated with heterogeneous catalyst testing, synthesis, characterization, and evaluation. Operation of highly automated, high throughput - computer controlled laboratory equipment will constitute a significant portion of the job responsibilities.
What are your responsibilities?
- Operate laboratory reactors and instruct others in its use.
- Maintain and troubleshoot laboratory equipment as needed.
- Apply technical skills and knowledge for preparation, characterization and performance evaluation of catalytic materials.
- Document work in a timely fashion in Electronic Lab Notebooks, Dow internal reports as appropriate.
- Analyze and communicate results and progress to technical teams and management through oral presentations.
What are we looking for?
- Chemical laboratory education at bachelor’s (HLO/HTS) level.
- Good computer skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as problem solving skills. Fluency in English is required.
- Must be a team player and be able to work independently and safely in a self-directed team environment.
- Experience in or willing to develop skills in handling data from (large) databases.
- Experience in constructing and operating high-pressure equipment preferred.
- Experience in the calibration and operation of laboratory reactor control elements such as mass flow controllers, control valves, pressure transducers and associated equipment preferred.
- Prior experience with heterogeneous catalyst synthesis and characterization preferred.
What do we offer you?
- An exciting long term full time job.
- A market-conform salary based on your experience.
- An online platform (Good HabitZ) where you can improve your skills by following official e-learnings.
- Group health insurance with a 10% discount on basic pension and 15% discount on plus pension.
- Travel expenses and tunnel costs (when necessary) reimbursement.
Do you have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as problem solving skills? Then apply for the job by clicking the button, or email your resume and motivation letter in English to email@example.com!
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.