For Dow Benelux B.V we are looking for a Sourcing Technician.
The main purpose of the Sourcing Technician role is to manage assigned purchases on an area or project basis. This role creates value by providing appropriate input into the development and implementation of sourcing strategies. This role may be responsible for the application of commercial agreements and related work processes in accordance with the strategies within the geography and category.
- Working with system data on actual purchases, identify value opportunities, develop
tactical plans to capture value, align with partner strategies and apply local/regional
supply agreements. Report the value captured within the Total Procurement Benefits
- Strong interface with Sourcing Specialists, M&E personnel.
- Provide improvements to existing work-process.
- Provide sourcing support for Dow businesses or functions by working with the partner to
clarify the scope of service, quality, volume, and logistics requirements. This may include
the suggestion of sourcing alternatives available to partners, should requirements lists
- Identify suppliers capable of meeting Dow's requirements, developing pricing that is
consistent with Dow's requirement, and maintain communication with internal client.
- Negotiate commercial spot purchases required to support business partners,
manufacturing sites, and capital projects.
- Utilize available e-Sourcing tools (e.g. e-RFI, e-RFQ).
- Interact with other Sourcing Technicians to develop best practices and leverage learning
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Strategic Sourcing
Center. Identifies redundant or otherwise unnecessary activities.
- Maintain basic knowledge of suppliers and relevant market developments such as
mergers & acquisitions, financial status, and changes in key personnel.
- Resolve process or supplier related issues as escalated from the BPSC and/or the
Businesses, Supply Chain, Manufacturing & Engineering.
- Focus on value delivery and sustainable competitive advantage for the Business Partner.
- Ability to persuade others through effective communication skills (both oral and written).
- Initiative to challenge inefficiencies, process deviations, and strategy deviations.
- Utilization of data analysis skills to effectively identify value opportunities
- Responsive to partner needs.
Education / Experience:
Work experience should include membership in dynamic, results oriented teams; work with multiple functions or businesses; and at least three years experienced in a commercial, shared services, industrial/manufacturing, or engineering related job role. Minimum HBO diploma
- Financial analysis
- Market analysis
- Team building
- Virtual teamwork
- Communications (both oral and written)
- Manipulation and analysis of data
- Proficiency within applicable procurement systems, including data retrieval
- Tactical thinking
- The ability to work across cultures and geographies, as the position may touch
numerous legal entities of the company.
- Basic Purchasing fundamentals (supplier relations, contracts, bid analysis)
- Procurement work process
- Purchasing policies
- Negotiation strategies and tactics
- Understanding of Dow's business model & organization.
- Dow's payment options and use of automation tools.
- Microsoft office tools (i.e Word, Excel, etc.)
Interested ? Please contact RTC Flexcenter Dow, 0115689850 or send your CV to email@example.com
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.