Dow Benelux B.V.
You are passionate about research and development, your ambition is to work at a lab and you dream of working at an international chemical company. Are you ready to take your place as Analytical Technician at Dow Benelux in Terneuzen?
Dow combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from the intersection of chemical, physical and biological sciences to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity.
As a Analytical Technician you support the manufacturing operations by conducting laboratory analyses and evaluating results, as needed, which provides critical data. Prepares samples and performs basic calibration, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and methods. Uses data systems to acquire data and monitor analytical system performance. Reports results to clients. Requires broadened technical skills in analytical/scientific methods or operational processes to perform a defined array of activities. May act as an informal resource for team members with less experience.
What are your responsibilities?
- Performs routine analyses.
- Collects samples according to the Sample Plan.
- Prepares basic calibration standards.
- Performs basic calibration and preventative maintenance of analytical systems.
- Evaluates validity of data, applies basic statistics, interpret results and takes appropriate action.
- Monitors analytical systems, identifies problems, conducts first-line troubleshooting and escalates as appropriate.
- Documents, communicates and archives analytical results and calibration data.
- Follows EH& S and operating discipline management system (ODMS) procedures and practices for work tasks.
- Suggests improvements to lab work processes and tools.
- Escalates non-routine requests to appropriate team member for follow-up.
What do we offer you?
- An exciting long-term full-time job for 36 hours a week.
- Working hours in a continuous work shift. (26,1% shift allowance)
- A market-conform salary around €2750, based on your experience.
- Travel expenses and tunnel costs (when necessary) reimbursement.
- For this position Dow can offer you a contract any time.
What are we looking for?
- You have a Bachelor or MBO4 degree in Chemistry or another relevant field.
- You are fluent in Dutch and knowledge of English.
- You are a team player and you should be able to work safely in a self-directed team environment.
- Experience in IR, GC, HPLC, NMR, HS GC.
Do you see yourself working as an Analytical Technician at Dow? Then apply for the job by clicking the button, or email your resume and motivation letter in English to email@example.com!
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.