Dow Benelux B.V.
Dow has an opportunity for a contractor Junior R&D/TS&D Technician (f/m) in the High- Throughput Laboratory of the Chemical Science group in Core R&D in Terneuzen, The Netherlands.
The High-Throughput Research Lab is responsible for developing new and improvedheterogeneous catalysts for novel and existing chemical processes. The person filling this position will work in a multidisciplinary, self-directed team of engineers, chemists, and technologists and will be responsible for performing a wide variety of laboratory activities associated with heterogeneous catalyst synthesis, characterization, and its evaluation. In addition to more traditional inorganic materials synthesis, the operation of highly automated, high-throughput, computer controlled laboratory equipment will constitute a significant portion of the job responsibilities.
We offer a working environment in a diverse, young yet experienced, international team that is passionate for science & technology with opportunities to grow and develop yourself more broadly in a capability that is unique to Dow globally.
What are your responsibilities?
- Works as part of a team to synthesize and characterize catalytic materials.
- Maintain and troubleshoot laboratory equipment or initiate repair processes as needed.
- Develop and maintain excellent knowledge of catalyst synthesis procedures.
- Maintains inventories of consumable materials, chemicals, and supplies.
- Uphold outstanding housekeeping and safety standards and provide ideas for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Document work in a timely fashion in electronic data books (ELN), Dow internal reports, and patent disclosures as appropriate.
- Communicate results and progress to technical teams and management.
What are we looking for?
- Chemical laboratory education at bachelor’s (HLO/HTS) level.
- Must be a team player and be able to work safely and independently in a self-directed team.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as good computer skills.
- Prior experience with inorganic materials or heterogeneous catalyst synthesis and their characterization is preferred.
- Prior experience with analytical techniques such as XRD, IR, TGA/DSC, SEM and surface techniques such as BET and Chemisorption is preferred.
- Prior experience in or willing to develop skills in upholding IT systems and handling data streams between from (large) databases is preferred.
What do we offer you?
- A fulltime position for long term. (40hrs)
- A salary between €2600-3200 bruto per month, based on your education and experience.
- Dow always has the possibility to offer you a fixed contract.
- Travel costs are reimbursed by €0,19 per km and tunnel costs are also reimbursed when needed.
Are you the Lab Technician we are looking for? Then apply for the job by clicking the button, or email your resume and motivation letter in English to email@example.com!
You can also reach us on 0115-689850 for other questions.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.