(Junior) buyer / planner
The (junior) Planner/Buyer coordinates processes in the supply chain and participates in defining & implementing new processes to ensure consistent application of these to enable efficient and effective global order and goods flow from internal and external suppliers to customers.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determines the order policies and stock levels for products sold in EMEA. Places orders for standardized products with the company Manufacturing Divisions and worldwide 3rd party suppliers.
- Coordinates, monitors, reviews and implements changes in supply chain processes.
- Coordinates, monitors, and reviews the following processes and implements changes within the service provider’s operations: receipt, store, pick, kit, pack and shipping. Coordinates the relationship with Internal and 3rd party logistics service providers and their off-site operation.
- Communicates on a professional level with the company Manufacturing Divisions and worldwide 3rd party suppliers to ensure timely delivery, quality and cost of procurement. Assists the Business Units in managing the logistics aspects of outsourced products. Coordinates the supplier relationships and initiates the actions required to optimize their services.
- Is considered central focus point for information regarding inventory and delivery of products
- Works pro-actively across other departments (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, etc.) and act as catalyst to maximize backlog conversion.
- Has thorough understanding of the company supply chains, of all areas of Warehousing, Traffic, Inventory and Supplier Management and can identify and solve problems with goods, information and administration.
- Produce management Policy Deployment and Key Performance Indicator reports for planning process and management in accordance to the company standards. Analyses these reports and make appropriate recommendations for implementation of Counter Measures.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor level education or equivalent in experience
- Previous experience in logistics environment
- Knowledge of buyer/planner procedures, processes and standards, import and export regulations, warehousing and global transportation for all mode of transport
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and anticipate potentials problems
- Good communication skills in English, both oral and written. Second European language preferred.
- Ability to interact with different cultures.
- Requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Analytical skills
This fulllime vacancy is temporarily (maternity leave) from february untill june/july. Are you available and interested? Please apply on www.tempo-team.nl
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.