The HR Specialist will be a member of the HR Support Services team. He or she will need to work with HR partners in various locations in EMEAI. The job exists to ensure the flawless execution of HR policies, working together with HR in the geography, specifically Germany & Switzerland and the HR Support Services team members. Goal is to ensure a timeliness and accurate performance in administrative and advisory activities on behalf of Dow HR department.
• Be responsible and hold ownership for the overall HR Support Services activities (and their processes) for Germany.
• Be the knowledgeable focal point regarding the HR activities in Germany (such as pension, separations, compensation
& benefits, holidays, allowances, insurances etc).
• Initiate, monitor and be actively involved in transitioning HR activities to the HR Support Services team
• Proactively initiate and build strong stake holder- and team relationships that help improve efficiency
• Manage the full process of onboarding and off boarding of employees (retirees & separations)
• Create official documents such as employer statements and reference letters.
• Administer short-term and long-term leaves of employees.
• Process all personal changes – make sure employee data and files are current, accurate and meet the necessary
• Process all employee contract changes, including fulltime/part time changes – make sure employee data and files are
current, accurate and meet the necessary requirements
• C&B policy execution, including follow-up actions for insurances
• Administer illness cases, vacation days and other absences.
• Execute the complete process for internships from the request of project identification up to the onboarding/off
boarding of interns.
• Manage the contract follow-up needed for temporary employees
• Handle reporting and metric requests
• Serve as knowledgeable primary contact for HR, leadership and employees on HR related requests.
• Manage and resolve exceptions to the process or policy.
• Responsible for reporting and metrics.
Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, or higher.
• 3 years related experience in Human Resources
• Experience with International work process would be an advantage
• Fluency (min. C1) in English and German OR Spanish (written & oral)
• Demonstrable communication and inter-personal skills for working in an international and multi-cultural environment
• Strategic and analytical mindset combined with strong communication and persuasion skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Desktop applications, especially Excel.
• Ability to work proactively and independently to produce quality results
• Ability to effectively lead projects and influence stake holders at all levels
• Both team player and independent worker
• Ability to work towards tight deadlines
• Very strong customer service mindset
• Strong analytical skills & problem solving skills
• Strong consulting and change management skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects as appropriate with a high degree of accuracy and comfortable to work
towards tight deadlines
• Experience in high volume operational environments is required.
• Experience of managing complex labour related legislations, collaborating with the HR function in common areas of
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.