Logistiek manager - Carrier Manager
Purpose of the Job:
The Carrier Manager is responsible to win new carriers and car our existing carrier network. The Carrier Manager will have a high level of interaction with carriers from all over Europe and manage all aspects of the cooperation with them for our organization, such as KPI, Business Reviews, Development opportunities, etc.
- Translate the stated policy an implementation of the service as agreed with the customers. This relates to the scope of services; contracts / service level agreements; reports; communication matrix and rates.
- Adjust or upgrade of the goals due to changed (market) conditions and translate them into process variables.
- Determining the KPIs: definition; calculation; standard and optionally translate into an incentive scheme. Establish, monitor and implement transport solutions policy together with the Teamleader Transport Solutions Benelux for the transport activities in the Benelux and / or BU North.
Result: Robust and competitive carrier network, which support our growth strategy.
- Start, maintain and develop business relationships with international carriers.
- Strategic management of the carrier (Regular Business Review, Strategic and tactical monitoring).
- Support the communication between carrier and operations.
- Find solutions to guarantee the corporate compliance.
- Maintain our carrier database.
- Preparation of all types of analyzes and statistics.
- Active participation in improvement-, optimization- and cost effectiveness process.
Result: Builiding and maintaining good relationships with operational management
- Records agreements after consultation with the ops management. Detects deviations of agreements and initiates actions.
- Is responsible for proper communication to (internal) stakeholders.
- Is supporting cost-reduction initiatives.
Result: Advise the management, in order to have the ales policy regarding transport well supported and executed.
- Responsible for Key Performance Indicators and the control thereof. Is responsible for monitoring the KPI of services from carriers. Initiate actions in case of deviation from the norm.
- Responsible for implementation projects (for example new carriers or transport related services for new customers). Monitoring implementation project progress and costs, and the initialization of improvement actions if necessary.
- Advises the Teamleader Transport Solutions and the Director Flow Management regarding procedures and practices.
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in Logistics.
- Knowledge and understanding of the transport sector in the national and international market for transport and logistics and the competition within.
- Declaration of good behavior, employees with a non-Dutch nationality require a similar document.
Specific features and skills
- Oral and written communication skills in Dutch, German and English.
- Good understanding of the competitive environment in domestic and foreign markets.
- Social skills needed for maintaining thorough internal and external contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Analytical skills and vision to translate policies into practical matters and vice versa.
- Negotiation skill and the ability to arouse interest in contacts with (potential) clients or carriers.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.