Dow Benelux B.V.
For Dow Benelux B.V. we are looking for a Compositional Specialist
The Dow Chemical Company has a challenging opportunity for “EH&S Compositional Specialist” within Dow's Hazard Communication Expertise Center (HCEC) Group in EH&S. The development of innovative new products that meet regulatory requirements and safety guidelines require understanding of the underlying chemistry, process science, and formulation.
The Compositional Specialist, under the guidance of the Compositional Specialist global Leader, is responsible for providing expertise to enable the creation, maintenance and update compositional information of Dow products in Dow ERP system. She/he will be part of the enterprise material safety data sheets authoring process.
Under the general supervision of the Compositional Specialist leader and following a work progress defined by the Business Process leader, the incumbent will be a member of a global team aimed at supporting Dow businesses in placing products in the market meeting the applicable jurisdictional product safety regulatory requirements.
In particular, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Based on information provided by R&D, define the product composition(s) that will be used for regulatory compliance
check and for generating material safety data sheets. This will be done by using advanced IT tools (i.e. expert rules)
and using product expertise to modify expert rule output as needed.
- Execute defined work flow tasks aimed at loading product characterization (e.g. physical properties) other than
composition(s) in the ERP system.- Create specifications in the ERP system corresponding to products and raw
- Perform substance volume tracking (SVT) and other product safety compliance assessment using advanced IT tools
and product expertise.
Education & Qualifications
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or science related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted.
This role requires:
- Proven knowledge of Chemistry science, in particular organic and polymer chemistry. This includes proficiency in the
most common organic reactions (hydrolysis, condensation, oxidation, additions, etc.), mechanisms, nomenclature and
calculations (e.g. polymer ration calculation)
- Knowledge of organosilicon chemistry is definitely a plus.
- Understanding of formulation chemistry and its application in the main industry sector is a plus.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which will be followed by competency-based
- Proficiency in use of MS Outlook, Excel, Power Points, and most common office applications is required.
This position is open to fresh graduates. Two-Three years of experience in a product development/R&D environment, academic or business, is desirable.
Experience in a product development laboratory is a plus (this role does not include working in a lab though).
Interested ? Please contact RTC Flexcenter Dow, 0031(0)115689850 of send your CV to email@example.com
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.