Dow Benelux Integrated Center BV
The Tax Coordinator will be expected to apply their learned technical expertise with a very good Controllers/Tax background and/or a strong Business and/or Functional sense in specific areas related to financial, reporting, functional and legal requirements. This position requires significant interaction with various different Finance functions (Tax, CISS, ICH, F&S), P2P, CSR and ITO across Europe and a good understanding of Dow’s transaction flows, dedication to data quality and a strong sense of team spirit. In this role the Tax Coordinator will be preparing various VAT returns as well as performing automated checks, keeping track of issues and completing an audit defense file for each VAT registration.
- Extract necessary VAT relevant data
- Perform checks and analytics on the data extracted and make agreed corrections of the data where necessary
- Prepare VAT netting entries.
- Keep track of a log file on issues spotted which should be discussed with the appropriate function/businesses to be resolved within a certain time frame.
- Preparation of indirect tax returns (VAT/ESL/EPL and Intrastat returns)
- Reconciling the returns to source data file and the VAT to ESL/EPL and Intrastat returns.
- Advising the VAT liability for each period and indicating the payments/refund to be made.
- After review and approval by the tax manager/controller (depending on the country), filing of returns where this is technically possible.
- Responding to routine correspondence from the statistical authorities and tax authorities when approved by local tax manager / controller.
- Identify and appropriately communicate potential risks and identify improvement opportunities
- Focus on constant process standardization while ensuring to be compliant with local tax and governmental laws
- MBO 3/4 preference in Finance or Accounting
- Few years of experience in accounting would be required
- Fluency in English (written & oral)
- Good command of one or more other European languages
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Desktop applications
- Experience with SAP
- Strong analytical skills
- Works independently, is self-motivated and accountable
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines and take independent action
- Customer service mindset
- Able to work with diverse, cross functional team members and business partners
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.