Facilitate development of the business / facility maintenance strategy, and solves reliability and availability losses through application of reliability technology and tools to enable the plant to meet its business plan and strategy and therefore the customer’s need.
Does this sound like something you could do? At Dow Chemical in Terneuzen we are looking for a reliability engineer.
Your responsabilities are
• Achieving AC and AMR business objectives.
• Participating in the Facilitation and implementation of the Global RCI process to include application of the cause and effect methodology in all areas where reliability opportunities are identified and where the RCI triggers are met.
• Developing and maintaining a model that identifies the unit operations, equipment, process, etc. that identifies the value of opportunities for improvement. (This long term cost of ownership evaluation can be as simple as an ExcelTM spreadsheet such as the TICA Evaluation model, RCM or as complicated as a detailed SPAR model)
• Evaluating and quantifying the impact projects such as equipment reconfigurations, design changes, equipment quality, etc will have on ability to meet customer needs
• Evaluating effectiveness of individual aspects of the PPM program by showing quantitatively the impact of failures and PPM.
• Asset utilization and cost data analysation to develop and prioritize a list of reliability opportunities.
• Focusing on reliability issues and not firefighting issues.
• Evaluating/validating the impact of corrective actions that impact availability/reliability and leverages solutions across a business or site if appropriate
• Providing reliability input to GPM activities.
• Participating in FEL and VIP activities as appropriate; Process Simplification, Value Engineering, Maintenance Strategy, Reliability Modeling, etc.
• Using reliability engineering principles and tools (Weibull, RCI, FMEA) to increase AC and AMR.
• Participateing in plant health study and efforts to implement corrective action to maintain or improve plant health.
• Applying long term cost of ownership and reliability engineering principles in conjunction with the discipline teams and technical resource networks to design reliability into our purchasing requirements. Provide equipment reliability and performance data to the technical resource networks for evaluation of equipment performance, vendor performance, and modifications to MET level 1.
• Using long term cost of ownership and reliability engineering principles to optimize spare parts stockage levels in conjunction with the MRO function,
• Disciplining Activity Specialists.
• Developing and implement operating discipline that will improve reliability.
• Participating in reliability network activities.
• Utilizing six sigma tools and methodologies to improve reliability.
• Assisting the PPM coordinator in setting up the PPM program
You are familiar with
• Spare parts identification process - critical spare, slow moving, etc. and the
• understanding of the ABC categories.
• Predictive Preventative Maintenance (PPM) data in maintenance information
• systems (eg.CMMS)
• Risk assessment principles
• Maintenance (cost, asset utilization and) goal alignment
• Global Maintenance Work Process (GMWP) and reliability network
• Links to Technology Implementation for Competitive Advantage(TICA) and
• Global Project Methodology (GPM)
• Measurements for implemented solutions
• Reliability metrics
• Defining scope of work
• Root cause analysis (rca)
Do you have experience in the Chemical Industry as an Operations engineer, Maintenance engineer or Reliability engineer and a Bachelor in Mechanica, Electrical or Chemical Engineering? Contact us via phone or send us an email with your CV and motivation.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.