Communication Manager Terneuzen
Dow Benelux Integrated Center BV
As the Communication Manager you are responsible for developing and executing integrated communications strategies that support the objectives of Dow in the Benelux. From conversations with opinion leaders and community members, to helping attract the right talent, to engaging our employees and customers; you play a pivotal role in connecting Dow with its many internal and external stakeholders, in the region, be they customers, employees, media, government officials, community members, or one of many others.
You will be working in support of regional leadership and will represent the function in specific Leadership Team(s). This position is part of the Public Affairs and Government Affairs organization in EMEAI, reporting to the Public Affairs and Government Affairs Director Dow Benelux, France, UK and Nordic.
Dow’s PA members engage in broad stakeholder management inside and outside the company, through Employee Communications, Community Relations, Media Relations, Digital Communications, Business/Marketing Communications and Issues Communications, among others.
What do we offer you?
• An exciting temporary full-time job.
• Working hours in the day shift.
• A market-conform salary based on your experience.
• Group health insurance with a 10% discount on basic pension and 15% discount on plus pension.
• Travel expenses and tunnel costs (when necessary) reimbursement .
Your responsibilities are
• Developing integrated public affairs/communications strategies for the Terneuzen site and region and organizing the programming including budget and execution;
• Working closely with site leadership in Terneuzen to align communications plans to regional strategies
• Public affairs / communications counsel to site leadership and other internal customers;
• Initiating and leading communication projects including the creation of positioning strategies, promotion campaigns and internal communications;
• Support of digital strategies including content development to regional websites and social media efforts;
• Support emergency response and issues management activities for the Benelux;
• Initiate and coordinate the organization of and participation in stakeholder events;
• Organize media relations with regional and national (trade) media including acting as a media spokesperson;
• Drafting and editing communications materials including PR materials (press releases, fact sheets, etc);
• Co-lead/organize team meetings focusing on the professional development of the function;
• Managing the supplier and agency networks as well as the Public Affairs network in the regions.
• Coordinating donations and corporate citizenship for the Benelux sites
• At least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in human sciences (communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or related fields) and about 10 years of relevant experience;
• Leadership and strong project management capabilities.
• Fluency in English and Dutch and excellent Dutch and English writing skills.
• Developed and implemented public affairs and communications strategies and programs;
• Strong knowledge of communications principles;
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple clients and providing counsel to regional leadership;
• An innovative mindset – can identify creative solutions and communications approaches;
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills - ability to work with a variety of different cultures, functions and businesses
• Strong writing, presenting and listening skills
• The ability to work under pressure and to handle multiple priorities in parallel
• The ability to work and make decisions autonomously
Are you interested in working in a dynamic, international environment with multiple functions and clients? Are you looking for a job with a highly visible role with much exposure to leadership, short term decision making with tight deadlines and a fluctuating and high workload? Are you able to juggl
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.