Rail Service Coordinator
Dow Benelux Integrated Center BV
You will be a member of the Dow Logistics Rail team. A role which is affiliated to the Material Flow Work Process. You will work together with team members and clients in order to coordinate and prioritize the working activities, and communicate the status. You will make sure there is an up-to- date fleet management system (Global Visibility Platform = GVP). As coordinator you are responsible for the administration of all logistic movements with rail cars in SAP (ECC) and GVP. In addition, you are responsible for the contact between internal and external partners, for example:
• External loaders (Terminals like OTT)
• Internal loaders (Dow Site Logistics at multiple European Rail hubs), Lessors (VTG, Nacco, GATX, Wascosa, Aretz, Ermewa, DB Cargo), Cleaning Stations, Repair Shops, national Railways (DB BTT, Lineas, etc.)
• The Customer Service organization and the Business Supply
• Chain Planners
• Local shunters and loading and unloading end
As coordinator you will also take care of all communication regarding the direction of consignment notes, arrival and departure of trains with regard to the Rail Carriers (main contracted carriers since 04/2018 are: DB BTT and Lineas).
• Follow procedures and the rail work process in order to administratively process performed rail working activities.
• Be responsible for daily operation of a part of the European rail fleet.
• Use the available IT tools according to the work process.
• Discuss the progress of the occurring working activities with the area focal point and initiates corrective actions for the expected problems with
• the concerning person.
• If necessary, communicate an emergency efficiently and through the appropriate channels.
• Independently solve problems and malfunctions.
• Work closely together with planning to efficiently progress, for example, peak loads, shutdown periods and short shipping weeks.
• Be responsible for the optimal utilization of capacity in the blocktrain between Terneuzen and Schkopau.
• Take care of the follow-up of carriages which must be repaired or revised, in close collaboration with the lessors and the maintenance companies.
• Monitor Rail Tank Cars leased by Dow with regard to optimization of the round trip time.
• Keep the storyboard up-to- date.
You are required to have
• Knowledge about GVP and the rail work process.
• Knowledge of the emplacement of rail on the site, with the corresponding loading/unloading zones, crossings, switches and barriers.
• Knowledge of RID (transportation of hazardous substances by rail).
• Knowledge of the required transactions in ECC and GVP.
• Knowledge of the documentation to be established for all shipments.
• Knowledge of the use of the electronic logbook, MTL, etc.
• The ability to identify problems like malfunctions, deviations of time slots, safety issues, etc. timely, and communicates them through the appropriate channels.
• A good understanding of the Dutch language
• Spoken and written knowledge of English and German
A mentor is appointed to new team members. A training plan is set up in collaboration with the mentor and contains, amongst others, the following elements:
• Rail safety & Dangerous Goods Handling,
• Material Flow Work Process (MFWP),
Are you passionate about logistic processes, are you interested in the rail work process, are you someone who ensures that the logistic activities are performed in a safe, reliable and environmentally conscious way? Send us your CV and motivation!
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.