Vertaler Engels Terneuzen
Dow Benelux Integrated Center BV
You must have heard from Dow Terneuzen. One of the largest international chemical companies in the Netherlands. It’s presence in Terneuzen is of inestimable value for the (local) economy. Do you see yourself translating documents here?
You will work at the Translations Department which delivers flawless translation services to its customers. The objective is to provide your customers with a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text within the target deadline. As Translator Specialist you are responsible for delivering timely, consistent and efficient translations and localizations of the whole company documentation, among all the different functions and departments, by using the internal Computer Aided Translation and Localization tools.
What do we offer you?
• Working hours in the day shift.
• An exciting full-time job.
• A market-conform salary based on your experience.
• Travel expenses and tunnel costs (when necessary) reimbursement .
• Group health insurance with a 10% discount on basic pension and 15% discount on plus pension.
What are your responsibilities?
• Translate customer requests within the target deadline.
• Effectively coordinate and prioritize job responsibilities to meet deadlines for work assignments.
• Provide customers with a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text.
• Receive and understand translation request. In case the request is not clear, obtain more information from the requestor.
• Read through original material and rewrite it in the target language, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained.
• Deliver translations in their original layout, graphics, and document format as requested by the customer.
• Proofread and edit final translated versions either within Dow or from freelancers.
These are the competences you have:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Translation and Interpreting or related field (e.g. Foreign Languages and Literatures; Language Education etc.)
• Experience in Translation and/or Interpreting (is an advantage, but not mandatory)
• Native speaker of the Dutch (or C2 level of the CEFR)
• Excellent English language skills (at least C1 level of the CEFR)
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Desktop applications
• Experience with Computer Aided Translation and Localization tools (knowledge of Wordfast and Olifant is definitely a plus)
• Cultural awareness and ability to work with a diverse group of people
Are you our translating wonder? Apply for the job by clicking the red button, or email us your resume and motivation letter!
For further questions we are always available.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.