Medior Mechanical Product Development Engineer
You will be responsible for the product development (mechanical engineering and documentation) in the development, realization and aftercare of innovative consumer products in a R&D environment. In this job you will participate in development projects wheryou will develop mechanical designs and implementations.
You have experience in one or more relevant fields of competency for consumer products, such as mechanics, plastics (polymers), rubber materials, common manufacturing techniques, etc.
Your tasks are:
• You develop new and optimize existing product concepts within cross-functional teams.
• You support function development via defining and realizing models and test set-ups.
• You define, create the mechanical construction including 3-D models and 2-D drawings of new products.
• You do, or lead, the detail design of Key Components, and you support their realization.
• You proof, that the design meets the requirements by means of tolerance analysis, material selection, stress and deformation calculations, simulations etc.
• You manage the Product Documentation (the BOM and the Design History File).
• You do the root-cause analysis of production problems and consumer complaints.
• a Masters (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or Industrial product engineering.
• Experience with consumer products (mechanical construction).
• Experience in mechanical design and product documentation.
• Knowledge of injection moulding,
• preferably you have experience in materials such as: plastic (polymers), rubber materials (used in design for consumer products).
• Experience in CAD design (PRO-E, CREO Parametric, NX, Teamcenter)
• Experience in FE Analysis using Ansys (definition of boundary conditions and analysis of the results is the minimum).
• Experience in cooperation in a multi-site multi-partner development environment.
• Preferably you are familiar with Design for Six Sigma.
• Experience in developing largely mechanical consumer products.
• Good communication skills
• Fluent in English (writing and talking) and preferably in Dutch
• An abstract, analytical, and creative thinker.
• Open minded towards other disciplines and companies in the field of product development.
• An excellent communicator and motivator
• Able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve organizational effectiveness structurally.
• Always looking for perfection. You don't accept underperformance or poor results.
• You have a quality mindset.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer +31 0653815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.