Senior Embedded Software Designer
Imagine a world in which, instead of just links between mobile devices, televisions, gaming machines and the internet, the cloud powers billions of once-inert consumer devices that are currently an unconnected part of our everyday lives.
This isn’t the future. Today’s digital world, a world Philips is fully embracing, changes how we use the internet so it becomes a meaningful enabler of personalized solutions to improve people’s lives. The ‘Internet of Things’ has become central to how we innovate at Philips – and how we listen to, engage with and take inspiration from our consumers.
Our cloud-enabled consumer devices not only serve people’s needs but react to them, empowering people to control their lives in ways that were once impossible. This is the reality of the 21st century – smart products must constantly evolve according to the desires of our consumers and we must be agile to satisfy them and create value. And we are.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Provide input for effort estimations, maintaining personal schedule and reporting on progress.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Adherence with processes (including tools, build process) and contribution in process improvements.
- Effective contribution in reviewing deliverables of software components of (peers).
- Prepare and produce releases of software deliverables.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
We are looking for:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject (required)
- A minimum of 6 to 8 years of experience as a software designer in embedded software development (required)
- Experience in writing code to interface with microcontroller peripherals like ADC, DMA and PWM (required)
- Experience in designing and developing embedded applications using an OO programming language like C++ (required)
- Proven experience with Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns (required)
- Experience with embedded operating systems like OpenRTOS and Embedded Linux (required)
- Excellent communicational skills and business result oriented (required)
- Affinity and experience with working in large cross functional teams (required)
- Ability to help shape the development team towards mature development practices (required)
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (advantage)
- Experience with development tooling like Nunit, Scons, svn and/or Git (advantage)
- Experience with protocol standards like wifi, Zigbee, 6lowpan, REST, HTTP etc. (advantage)
- Experience in working with agile development techniques, flexible and open attitude, entrepreneurial spirit with a continuous improvement mindset (advantage)
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Theo Reijnen via telefoonnummer +31 610762567
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.