Development Lead / Product Architect
Are you excited by innovation and new developments for the consumer market? We have the opportunity for you to join one of our key growth areas, The Connected Health Devices & Pain Relief categories. As a Development Lead / Product Architect you’re the central point of contact for the technical execution of a product proposition. You will enjoy the resources to investigate new concepts, design new solutions, and realize prototypes using the latest design techniques and process technologies to ultimately release a safe, and performing product to the market. Curious?
• Leadership position on assignments, leading team of product developers within a project. End-responsible for product functioning and
• Definition of product and system architecture.
• Design, analysis, testing and release of systems and sub-systems.
• Actively manage design reviews, risk analysis and FMEAs.
• Champion the management and traceability of requirements in the project teams
• Use of critical thinking to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Display a knack for complex problem solving by evaluating options and implementing solutions.
• Composure, conflict management, timely decision making, listening skills, self-motivation, and perseverance are all requirements of
• Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, team oriented, new product development environment.
• Mentoring of junior engineers on technical issues, problem solving strategies, and engineering principles.
• Team lead / Coordinator between team members (M-DEV, E-DEV, SW-DEV content owners)
• You have a background in a relevant Engineering field (Mechanical, Electrical, Physics), and an academic working level (masters/engineer).
• You bring +/- 8 years of relevant engineering experience, and are able to handle a wide range of technical fields (mechanics, electrical,
physics and SW)
• You have a track record of Team Lead responsibility in new product development in a multi-cultural and multi-site mode – ability to work
• Proven experience of developing consumer related products from concept development to market launch with key involvement & experience
throughout this path (concept, detailed design, manufacturing and life-cycle-management)
• You have a proven track record of creating and managing product development requirements in a medical device setting
• Furthermore you have a demonstrated history of engineering design work, preferably in a medical device industry (FDA regulation). Experience
with IEC and UL regulations is a nice to have.
• Integration of electrical components inside a mechanical embodiment (thermal management, EMC, wiring, PCB, display…)
• For the connected health devices products, experience with BTLE, WiFi integration in consumer products is a preferred
• For the pain relief products, experience in optics, mechanics and thermal management is a preferred
• You’re well experienced in communication with suppliers for manufacturing, cost estimation
• Fluent in English (oral & written)
• Your scope is international – some travelling (typically 10%) is part of this role
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
The Connected Health Devices and Pain Relief teams are part of Innovation Site Eindhoven. They focus on the development of mostly medical Over-The-Counter products for health management (connected scale, blood pressure meters, thermometers, wearables) and pain relief (PulseRelief, BleuTouch and InfraCare products). The teams are responsible for the development and realization of new product propositions. The Innovation Site Eindhoven is looking at challenging growth targets to bring faster, more new ideas to the global market.
Within the team, the Development Lead / Product Architect is the central point of contact for the technical execution of a product proposition. The team is working on new product introductions as well as life cycle management of products in the market, where the development lead / architect spends typically 70-80% of the time on new product introductions. The Development Lead / Product Architect interacts daily with Project Manager, Industrial Designers, Advanced Manufacturing Engineers, Process Engineers, Marketing & Business as well as 3th party suppliers.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer +31 0653815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.