Project Leaders are given assignments by the Program Manager or Group Manager. They draw up a schedule on the basis of the proposals worked out by the local team members who operate globally (US, Europe, Asia), seek project manpower in consultation with group management, and do the costing for the project budget.
Project Leaders are confronted with a continuous flow of disturbing events that they have to handle, leading to decisions with conflicting effects. They are responsible for completion of the project. If faced with setbacks, conflicts of priority, or the threat of overspending the budget, they devise solutions and submit them to management. A Project Leader determines project risks, defines corrective actions and tracks the project to closure.
Key areas of responsibility
• Formulates the overall project plan, in consultation with management and other parties concerned on base of the architecture plan.
• Defines the risks of the project (w.r.t. specs, costs, planning, etc) and develops scenarios to overcome these risks.
• Specifies the resources to be used, the manning of the project and the anticipated costs.
• Acts in line with departmental and project processes.
• Organises the project and arranges the management activities in terms of quality, time, money, information, and organisation.
• Directs and supports employees and gives them operational guidance, both technically and organisationally (where necessary, directs sub-Project Leaders).
• Reports on employees’ performance to the hierarchical superior of the employees for the purpose of the successful execution of the program
• Is responsible for implementation and realisation according to the project plan (specification, quality, time, money, information) and organisation.
• Reports on the progress of the project with an agreed frequency on quality, status, time, and money to senior management and to the project members.
• Ensures that there is an effective transfer and archiving of the project results and the associated knowledge.
• Actively manages and tracks the project results.
• Represents the project team in the overall project.
Main experience required
• Several years experience in directing projects in relevant technological areas.
• Preferably, experience as Development Engineer. Necessary know how / skills
• University education in technical engineering of the relevant technology or has reached this level through another form of training or experience.
• Knowledge of project management methods, costs estimation techniques, etc..
• Knowledge and understanding of disciplines with which co-operation takes place.
• Specific knowledge of relevant area of application is desirable.
• Directing and motivating of project members; coaching skills required.
• Negotiating skills.
Required personality characteristics
• Power of persuasion, able to convey enthusiasm, people manager.
• Organisational talent, team player.
• Team motivation.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer +31 0653815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.