System Architect - TNO ESI (Embedded Systems Innovation)
You will work side by side with a lead architect to develop reasoning methods, whenever required supported by tools, for supporting system-level choices on system architecting for product lines. Special focus will be given on definition of way of working for reference architecting for multiple product families, choice and analysis of critical system-level parameters, architecture viewpoint definitions and visualization of reference architectures. Validation of the approach must be given by proof-of-concept of analysis methods for analyzing system-level choices on non-functional requirements via deep-dive case studies. You are keen to advance the general capabilities of system architecting, developing tools and techniques, demonstrate their value in practice, and help bring them into industrial use. You will work in a multidisciplinary team of researchers and share your contributions with industrial and academic partners and, whenever relevant, publish results at scientific conferences. Your responsibilities may also include coordination of PhD students and industrial engineers, and you will directly coordinate software engineering activities targeting the professionalization of any developed modeling tools. TNO-ESI project partners are the leading high-tech industries in The Netherlands or Europe. The close cooperation with these partners creates a challenging operating environment in which many different design disciplines are involved to create latest innovative products. As leader of the project team you will have a very regular presence at the client’s premises throughout the Netherlands.
- You have an academic degree, preferably at PhD-level, with a strong affinity with Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and a relevant professional background, working in- or with high-tech industry in the area of product innovation.
- You have a background in system architecting and the development of high-tech products and systems.
- You have experience with change management in R&D.
- You are critically observing and analyzing.
- You are skilled in using information and process discovery methods (interviewing skills, etc).
- You are keen to operate in an unexplored areas of research, developing novel approaches for design and engineering of complex high-tech systems.
- You have a strong belief that working at a higher level of abstraction can bring significant value to the product innovation process, where you enjoy creating structure and overview by means of analytical techniques.
- You are goal oriented self-driving professional with a strong will to deliver quality results.
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team of TNO-ESI research fellows, industrial and academic partners, and other stakeholders. To obtain the required results, you regularly work at the premises of the customer throughout The Netherlands.
Join our network.
The network of the premium staffing firm for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments.
This is a long term position, which can be converted into a permanent position.
TNO-ESI is a leading research group within the Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research (TNO). It contributes to society and economy by driving advances in high-tech and embedded systems design at a multidisciplinary level, with a strong shared research program, dedicated innovation support services and a focused competence development program.
Its key objective is to raise high-tech and embedded system design from a craft to a scientifically based engineering discipline. TNO-ESI works for global technology leaders with research programs that focus on the design of complex high-tech systems. Research programs are tailored to address a variety of application domains, such as microelectronics manufacturing, medical imaging, IC design, high-end printing solutions, digital consumer products, safety & security, etc. These applications are typically characterized by the large-scale and tightly coupled integration of intelligent components and multidisciplinary enabling technologies. Our success is based on delivering high-impact methods, techniques and tools that increase the rate of innovation, both to industry and societal applications.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Robin Valk via telefoonnummer +31 0610459325
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.