Element of your activities/responsibilities are:
1. Realizing a pilot demonstrating the potential of algae based products. This includes strain selection, cultivation, harvesting and extraction towards an end-product that can be sold. We expect this pilot to be based on existing technology as much as possible. Therefore this requires a knowledge of what is already commercially available and a close cooperation with technology and hardware suppliers.
2. Contribution to business case analysis for different options
3. Contribution to coalition building in relation to setting up algae based business.
4. Coordinate the investigation of new technological options to improve/optimize the system. The options include: novel CO2 feed system technology, advanced extraction technology, modified algae strains and new reactor designs.
5. Assisting algae knowledge transfer to local companies and universities.
The job requirements are as follows:
- You have a M.Sc. in (bio)process technology with 8+ years of relevant experience
- You have a proven track record of implementing micro-algae based production of nutraceuticals and/or cosmeceuticals.
- You are an enthusiastic person with a pioneering mentality and are driven by implementing existing and new technology towards a working pilot.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and proactive communication and are able to work in a complex stakeholder environment.
Join our network.
The network of the premium staffing firm for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments.
This is a long term position, which can be converted into a permanent position.
The Process & Instrument Development group is active in the fields of Biomass processing, Bio-based Building Block synthesis, Separation technologies and Energy Conversion & Storage. We work for and with (renewable) energy and chemistry companies, and are active in the built environment.
We are starting up a program that will assist the government of an island in the Caribbean to develop an ecosystem of high added value micro-algae businesses around an industrial CO2 source.
This program will start with a piloting (research) phase to practically demonstrate the potential of micro-algae based products on the island. You will be technically responsible for the success of this phase.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Robin Valk via telefoonnummer +31 0610459325
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.