Category Manager Packaging
For the Category Physical Distribution within de Indirect spend area of Group Sourcing* we are currently looking for a: Category Manager Packaging located in Sittard.
1. Responsible for (sub)category strategy development as to deliver maximum value
• Define and validate sourcing strategy using internal and external analysis.
• Accountable for internal and external analysis in collaboration with Sourcing Analysts, as chairman of a cross-functional sourcing team.
• Prepare and lead fact based negotiation and select supplier.
• Initiate contract implementation and resolve issues.
• Manage/evaluate contract compliance, data management and supplier performance and take necessary corrective actions.
• Evaluate and renew contract by identifying and prioritizing opportunities for reduction of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
• Ensure use of strategic sourcing methodology (SSM), the Indirect Sourcing IT platform (ARIBA), and best practices.
2. Develop and manage relationship with suppliers and track their performance:
• Implement and execute Key Supplier Management programs (KSM).
• Initiate and conduct supplier reviews.
• Identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations.
• Secure key elements of the Supplier Performance Reviews (security of supply, competitiveness, Quality/compliance, sustainability, innovation/technical improvements, business commitment) in DSM's agreements with third parties.
• Define and implement (strategic) supplier management process.
3. Manage collaboration, knowledge sharing and proper communication within (sub)category by providing strategy, deep category expertise and ensure the use of standardized processes.
• Be a challenger in the different Sourcing teams.
• Validate decision documents.
4. Manage relationship with internal customers during projects
• Collect and manage internal customers feedback on the sourcing process to identify further TCO reduction opportunities.
• Improve and reinforce the DSM Purchasing profile and recognition within the internal customer community.
5. Quality, Health, Safety and Environment
• Ensure a QHSE policy and organization, in line with DSM guidelines and systems, in order to meet legal obligations, guarantee the quality of processes and products, ensure a save and healthy working place for employees.
• A Bachelors or Master’s degree, preferably in supply chain, business administration, commerce, or other relevant discipline.
• 4- 6 years of experience in Purchasing (Indirect) or other mid management positions, commercial experience.
• Knowledge of the Category in terms of products, services and contracts.
• Knowledge of Indirect Spend in terms of business dynamics, markets, innovation requirements and growth opportunities.
• Familiar with working in project environment.
• Being proactive, self-starter, and ability to engage & influence people.
• Change management capabilities.
• Communication and cooperation skills highly developed.
• Good command of English (written and spoken).
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and help solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Ruud Olijve via telefoonnummer 06-20865874
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.