SHE Officer; Safety, Health & Environment
As SHE officer you will be working for the Hoek van Holland site in the Netherlands. This is a chemical production environment where you will support the site in risk identification and evaluation in the field of process and occupational safety, health and environment. You will play an important role in supporting management in transferring SHE standards to the shop floor, learning from incidents, auditing and inspections.
You will be part of the QESH department of the DFM Hoek van Holland site and you will report to the site QESH manager.
- Leading process safety studies (HAZOP chairman) as part of (plant) modifications or projects, conducting risk identification and evaluation ( RIE’S ) on shop floor activities.
- Actively and independently monitoring of site compliance with SHE procedures and work instructions and (pro-actively) advising and challenging responsible management and supervisors when needed.
- Giving input and support in implementing SHE awareness and behavior based programs and in drafting site safety procedures and instructions.
- Leading or supporting incident investigations including communication and reporting of learnings. Analyzing and reporting of incident trends by using the concept of basic risk factors.
- Translating new legislation and requirements on SHE for the site DFM Hoek van Holland and support implementation in a practical way.
- Bachelor degree or level in Chemical Engineering or similar
- HVK educated or willing to invest in HVK education
- More than 5 years professional experience as SHE officer in a chemical plant environment
- Knowledge of relevant Dutch SHE legislation such as BRZO and “Arbobesluit”.
- Knowledge of accident/incident analyses methods
- Proficient in Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- Experienced with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) and Internet
- Focused on collaboration, positive working attitude and highly service oriented
- Communicatively and analytically strong, in word and in writing, able to convince people and resilient
Royal DSM offers excellent benefits including a competitive salary and a lot of extra's.
Royal DSM N.V. is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in Life Sciences and Materials Sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM’s 23,500 employees deliver annual net sales of around €9 billion. The company is listed on NYSE Euronext. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Business Group/Business Unit
The Business Unit DSM Functional Materials (DFM) is part of the Business Group DSM Resins within the performance materials cluster of DSM. It is our ambition to become a globally recognized partner for sustainable innovation in specialty resins & functional materials. DFM is headquartered in Elgin (US) and has production sites in the Netherlands, Japan and Taiwan.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Jim Engelhardt via telefoonnummer 06-13835803
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.