End-to-end responsibility for thermal management and thermal dynamics in high-performance mechatronic and electronic systems. Masters/PhD in Mechanical Engineering (preferably thermal specialization), with at least 5 years of experience in industry, is a must. Furthermore, extensive knowledge on FEM (preferably ANSYS/Comsol), Fluid Dynamics and CFD software (e.g. Fluent, CFX) is required;
Carry out tasks and activities within thermal management for Mechatronic development projects. These activities range from thermal design studies with Matlab in the concept phase to the optimization of the desired performance by thermal (-mechanic) modelling in ANSYS in the detailed engineering phase. Additionally experimental validation of the predicted thermal behavior in our customers’ systems is a crucial aspect of your contribution.
Provide consultancy at customer's request in which performance issues of existing machines or products need to be analyzed and solved (performance analysis, parameter studies and troubleshooting).
Multi-disciplinary cooperation within project teams is vital for success.
We are looking for
• M.Sc. or preferably a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering (preferably thermal specialization).
• Solid analytical attitude combined with interest and skills for experimental validation;
• Motivated to apply these skills in the field of thermal analysis and concept design.
• Knowledge of modelling in Matlab/Simulink is required;
• Knowledge of FEM (e.g. ANSYS/Comsol), Fluid Dynamics and CFD software (e.g. Fluent, CFX) is required;
• Understanding of mechatronic systems, control theory and actuation principles is preferred;
• Excellent communicative skills, professional level of written and verbal communication in English;
• Customer centric attitude, interested in executing R&D projects for customers.
• Motivated to operate in multi-disciplinary teams, working on complex mechatronic research and development challenges.
• Ability to translate technological considerations into concrete recommendations for designers.
• An inspiring work environment that is internationally and multidisciplinary oriented, with a variety of customers and projects.
• A project-based environment where people have both advanced theoretical knowledge and the capability to put that knowledge into practice - fast.
• Extensive opportunities for growth in technical and personal development.
• Stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains, from developing state-of-the-art lithographic wafer stages, to pioneering the latest implantable medical devices.
• Job satisfaction and the chance to broaden your experience.
• The opportunity to shape and grow your career will be in your own hands!
Philips Innovation Services has a wide range of disciplines and know-how to serve our customers in bringing their innovations to market, as fast and efficiently as possible. Over 500 colleagues benefit from decades of experience supporting customers in Philips Businesses, Philips Research and hundreds of companies outside Philips.
The Mechatronics department of Philips Innovation Services, with approximately 200 employees, is unique in its system design approach which has led to many practical solutions for our customers. Think of breakthrough solutions in high accuracy positioning, thermal conditioning, and mechanical construction in e.g. lithography systems and magnetic levitation stages. We are active in equipment as well as sub-system design, prototyping and testing. Next to that a lot of our mechatronics solutions are applied in consumer products and healthcare systems. You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and its customers.
The Dynamics, thermal & control group within the Mechatronics department is a group of over 25 specialists in the field of Control, Dynamics and Thermal management. The Thermal team, with 4 experienced colleagues, solves high tech challenges for our customers. Each day brings new challenges as we work in many different projects for a variety of customers, from small and medium enterprises to complex industries like semiconductors and solar power.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Rob Braun via telefoonnummer 06-51992618
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.