Sourcing Manager – Food Specialties - German Market
In this role your goal will be to lead procurement of food specialties and generate reduction in the total cost of ownership of services. You will be strongly involved in the development and consolidation of our procurement activities to support the growth plans in the Food Specialties business unit. You will be a specialist for procurement of food ingredients such as hydrocolloids, Starches, flavors, vegetable ( soy, pea) and dairy proteins (whey) ,emulsifiers, sweeteners etc. You will act as Sourcing Manager focusing on sourcing of raw material strategy for European region, especially German market, but also supporting developments and sharing knowledge with other ICL organizations globally, understanding market trends and building procurement strategy and strong relationships with suppliers and internal business partners. You will work closely in cooperation with Global R&D and Application team to source correct products for new innovations for our global operations.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Actively lead and develop the strategic sourcing activities with the goal to get our sites supplied while working on cost reductions and improving the quality of service;
• Identify, evaluate & select suppliers and partners, negotiate and close commercial framework-agreements in close cooperation with our production sites, quality and R&D;
• Maintain and develop in-depth knowledge of suppliers, markets & trends;
• Perform best-in-class negotiation processes via analysis of supply & demand trends;
• Establish and manage global/regional relationships with suppliers;
• Monitor performances of vendors and their compliance with their commitments;
• Address & solve operational issues with suppliers;
• Provide guidance to the regional procurement colleagues in Americas
• Support tail end activities for food sites in Europe.
• Bachelor or Master degree in relevant field;
• 5 to 10 years of experience in purchasing food ingredients;
• Understanding of supply markets and price cyclicality in food specialties industry and functionality of products;
• Demonstrable track record of success in managing complex, cross-functional activities and developing/executing key procurement processes;
• Excellent command of English and German is required
• Ready to travel; 40% of travel is part of the job mainly to Germany
• Strong negotiation skills and result driven personality;
• Excellent interpersonal, business acumen, communication and supplier relations skills;
• Ability to work collaboratively, and in a matrix management style organization;
• Strategic thinker and pragmatic worker.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits
Israel Chemicals Ltd. (ICL) is a leading global specialty minerals company that meets essential human needs in the agriculture, food and engineered materials fields. Our ICL family is a diverse group of 12,000 research scientists, engineers, plant workers and salespeople, as well as logistics, finance and administrative personnel from the four corners of the globe. Due to the boost in the demand for higher quality food in larger quantities, the ICL Food Specialties unit is growing rapidly. ICL Food Specialties is an integrated, global producer of unique, advanced value-added solutions for the beverage, dairy and meat industries, benefiting from our uniquely broad range of ingredients as well as from our backward integration and advanced technological know-how. ICL will leverage these capabilities to meet the evolving needs of existing clients and to enter targeted fast-growing food and nutrition markets, including the dynamically changing markets of China, the Far East and the EU.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Ruud Kroese via telefoonnummer 06-22842640
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.