Field Service Engineer Europe (Yacht Life Sciences)
Reporting to the European Equipment Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for providing service, support, install, calibration, validation and maintenance to the company's (K-System, Origio and Research-Instruments) customers in Europe and rest of the world. The job holder will provide customers with the most effective support possible, resolving product issues in the customer’s labs / clinics in a timely and efficient manner.
- Travelling to clinics around Europe (and occasionally in the Rest Of World) to service, support, install, calibrate, validate and maintain mechanical, electronic and/or software medical devices
- Extensive traveling of sometimes up to 100% of the month (Usually home for weekends)
- Occasional weekend duties
- Function as a face of the company to the customer
- Respond to headquarters in a timely and professional manner during time spent on the road
- Service and test exhibition equipment during time in the office
- Log all customer communications in the CRM database
- Coordinate case resolutions with site visits via European Equipment Coordinator
- Occasionally assist with the product repair process
- Maintain your tools and spares equipment to be in line with specification
- Assist other service technicians wherever possible to enable them to carry out their duties when necessary. This will include cross training and shadowing
- Gain customer acceptance signature of service and install calls
- Participate in the equipment provision for workshops, conferences and trade shows (set up and tear down) assuring care and maintenance of equipment and packaging
- Update the European Equipment Coordinator regularly to keep him/her informed of your progress whilst on the road to enable the department to be as productive and efficient as possible.
- Feedback any information to the European Equipment Coordinator and the FLS (First Line Support) department that can improve on product performance, reduce product issues, field safety and post market surveillance.
- Keep own training records up to date, as and when product changes come through and new products are introduced.
- Be available to attend training sessions (periodically) where required in order to maintain your product knowledge to the highest standard to enable you to provide the best support possible.
- Achieve personal objectives set during appraisals.
- To do whatever is required to achieve service department objectives to your best endeavours.
- Support customer programs like trade shows and workshops with installation, technical experience/product knowledge.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined by the company and comply with local legislation.
- Accurately maintain device history records including but not limited to service and installation documentation.
- Assist with telephone technical support as and when required, and gain an understanding of FLS processes in order to cover FLS duties when required.
- Manage travel arrangements related to fieldwork with a focus on reducing downtime and travel related costs.
- Preferably at least 5 years’ hands-on experience from handling, repairing and implementing technical, medical/IVF equipment.
- Service support on medical/biotech devices.
- Focus on customer care.
- Experience in electrical troubleshooting. Familiarity with electronic test equipment and associated hand tools.
- Experience in mechanical installation and trouble shooting.
- Multilingual with English mastery.
Full time position, 40 hours/ week
For more than 25 years, this company has been a leader in manufacturing and marketing a wide range of trusted and innovative brands that have assisted clinicians in advancing the standard of health care for women worldwide. Through an aggressive growth and diversification strategy, the company has evolved its portfolio to include key products and services for women's health, fertility and genetic testing. Their global in-vitro fertilization (IVF) segment, comprised of ORIGIO, Research Instruments, The Pipette Company, K-Systems and Wallace, and their groundbreaking offering from the pioneers of genetic testing, Recombine, Reprogenetics, and Genesis Genetics, complement our dynamic women's health care offering.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Gyöngyvér Lukács via telefoonnummer 06-10317714
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.