Senior Electrical Designer
The Senior Electrical Designer is responsible for the electrical design and implementation of the electrical units and modules for Image Guided Therapy (IGT) systems as technical lead. The Senior Electrical Designer is responsible for the realization of electrical products in projects. The Senior Electrical Designer represents the project’s electrical design team in the R&D project team. For achieving the department goals, (s)he drives the technology roadmap and technical competence for future developments in near corporation with the Department Manager.
The Key Areas of Responsibilities are:
• Create the electrical design in easy to maintain and extendible parts (components and modules). You verify that the design and
implementation complies with the system requirements.
• Play a dominant role in make-or-buy decisions.
• Outsource electrical activities and deliverables to external suppliers and partners. You specify the assignment and requirements. You guide
and monitor the supplier of partner during the development project and accept the products based on pre-defined acceptance criteria.
• Build the electrical development plan and planning as input for the project plan in near corporation with the project manager. You drive the
realization of this plan, by taking care that the planned deliverables are ready on time with the right quality. You lead the Electrical Engineers
and Designers in the design and implementation and reviews their deliverables.
• Formulate the technical roadmap for electrical products in near corporation with all stakeholders, taking into account technologies, tooling and
application trends. Conduct Concept & Feasibility studies and lead the introduction of new technologies
• Identify, initiate and drive improvements within the electrical domain such as product, technical and process improvements.
• Implement applicable international standards (IEC60601, IEC60950, ISO13485, ISO14971 …) to guarantee a safe use for our patients and
users. You participate in standard committees.
• Network with colleagues, both internal Philips as external, and maintain contacts for benchmarking, new technologies, tooling, design methods
and reflect them to the group.
• have a Master degree in electrical engineering or electronics
• have experience in the design and implementation of systems and experience in electrical subjects such as power electronics, EMC,
thermal design, reliability, … of at least 7 years.
• have an End-to-end overall view with respect to manufacturability, serviceability, cost price, Knowledge and understanding of other disciplines
(software, mechanics, mechatronics) with which co-operation takes place.
• have knowledge and experience of international standards (e.g. IEC60950, IEC60601, ISO13485, ISO14971…)
• are an abstract, analytical and creative thinker with helicopter view. You drive (out-of-the-box) solutions to complex problems.
• are aware of the role of change management.
• are capable to introduce new technologies, products, etc. after alignment with relevant stakeholders.
• are able to lead a team of designers and engineers. Drives the team’s deliverables on time with the right quality.
• are able to coach designers and engineers.
• are communicative, a good listener, and able to give good presentations to various levels in the organization.
• have an improvement attitude and lead through example.
• are an entrepreneur, dare to takes balanced risks. Are able to balance time vs. quality.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended
Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry.
You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Peter Groeneveld via telefoonnummer 06-53815170
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.