Our client is a global online leading company. Their sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
Their strong local presence is backed up by a suite of global capabilities, built and maintained by central product and development teams collocated in offices. They are looking at expanding these teams with focus on our Headquarters in Amsterdam.
You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and have impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and sites. You would be responsible for driving a capability such as customer identity, taxonomy or inventory.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on large pieces of innovative technology touch many customers across the globe and we are looking for you as a:
Medior Backend Engineer (m/f)
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the team's work with high-quality, well-tested and scalable code
- Collaborate with other team members and engineers
- Ensure code quality and maintainability
- Several years of experience as a java engineer
- Good knowledge of Java 8, Spring Framework, web technologies and (non-) relational databases (bonus: node.js, react)
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous deployment
- High aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism
- Effective oral and written English communication skills
Because the client is looking to expand their team with 16 new employees there is a variation on how this position can be filled in: contracting, temp, permanent etc.
- A family friendly company
- Attractive salary and great benefits (Employee Stock Plans, Company Pension Scheme)
- Excellent workplace in Amsterdam
- Free Snacks & Drinks, subsidized Lunch in the cafeteria
- The chance for an international career
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- Developer-grade notebook or desktop of your choice (Mac/PC)
- Great opportunities for development by attending conferences, trainings and the organisation of meetups and hackathons
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Alexander Rekelhof via telefoonnummer 06-55414677
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? Dan willen we jou graag leren kennen.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor zowel mannen als vrouwen.